Call for Timekeepers – Your Club Needs You!
Central has a duty to provide officials (timekeepers, starters, T&F officials etc) for the competitions we take part in. We also need them to hold our own intra-club events like the pre-season and club champs meets. Just now we are very short of trained and qualified officials.
The club has paid for a Scottish Athletics Tutor to come along to Stirling and train a group of us. So, if you can spare an evening to attend the course and are willing to help out at club events and league matches in the future, please contact ku.oc1539871925.scit1539871925elhta1539871925lartn1539871925ec@ot1539871925clihp1539871925 to book your free place.
More info can be found here: Poster – Level 1 – Timekeeping – Stirling
|The course will be delivered in both theoretical and practical elements covering:-|
· Qualities and skills needed to be a good official
· Equipment required for a Timekeeper
· Communicating with athletes and other officials
· Positioning yourself for best viewing
· How to follow a duty sheet
· Understanding signs and signals
· How to interpret and apply the rules
· Ensuring safety and reporting concerns