There was a terrific night of racing at the sixth instance of the Monument Mile at the Stirling University track on the evening of Saturday 26 August. Despite heavy showers, the series of 29 mile races saw a whole range of headline performances:
- Scottish Native Women’s Record (fastest time by a Scot in Scotland) – Sarah Calvert (Livingston AC / Edinburgh University H&H) 4:28.40
- new Men’s Meet Record – Samuel Philstrom 3:54.83
- new Women’s Meet Record – Sara Lapppaleinen 4:28.12
- Swedish Junior National Record for Saga Provci of 4:43.29
- 7 men sub 4:00 for the mile
- 5 women sub 4:30 for the mile
- T20 World Record for Ben Sandilands (Fife AC) 4:06.02
- Scottish U15 Record for Eilidh Dallas (Strathearn Harriers) 5:00.80
- World Best age 14 for Angus Wilkinson (East Kilbride AC) 4:11.20
- Scottish Under-17 all-time best for Millie McClelland-Brooks (Inverclyde) 4:46.75
- Paul Forbes (Edinburgh AC) set a new British Masters Record for M65 of 5:08.38.
The races included a split time at the 1500 Metre mark, giving athletes two race targets.
Congratulations to Race Director Michael Wright on a hugely successful event, and to everyone from the club who contributed to that success.