If you are over 18 you are welcome to come along to our training sessions. We are happy for you to come along on a four week trial basis to see if you like it, and then if you wish to continue after that you can submit your application form and pay via the ‘LoveAdmin’ link below. Payment by instalments is available.
Membership renewals are due on 1 October each year. If no payment has been received within 1 month of the renewal due date you will be liable for an additional late subscription fee equivalent to 15% of the relevant membership fee and you will not be eligible, or selected, to compete for the club. Any member who has not paid within two months of the renewal date shall cease to be a member and will not be allowed to train with the club but shall remain liable for all their outstanding debts due to the club.
Membership categories and rates
Membership rates for 2023-24 (for 12 months from 1 October) are in the table below. If you’re joining from April onwards (i.e. in the second half of the memberhip year), the membership rates are reduced by 50%.
|Type of membership||Description||Cost|
|Junior||Born on or after 1 September 2007 whose main residence is within a 25 mile radius of any of our training venues or participates in Club training sessions||£120|
|Senior (including U20)||Born before 1 September 2007 whose main residence is within a 25 mile radius of Stirling or participates in Club training sessions||£95|
|Country||Members whose main residence is outwith a 25 mile radius of any of our training venues, who do not participate in Club training sessions or use Club facilities but may represent the Club in competitions||£25|
|Family||1 or 2 adults and their 1 or more children born on or after 1 September 2007 in full time education whose main residence is within a 25 mile radius of any of our training venues or participate in Club training sessions||£240|
|Student||Students in full-time further and higher education (undergraduate) on provision of matriculation card||£47.50|
|Recreational Running Group||For adults aged 18 or over that train with our Recreational Running Group||£25|
We offer Honorary membership to club members who have been Senior Scottish Champions, Commonwealth Games competitors or British Internationalists.
The club also has non-training and non-competing Patron members.
How to join or renew your membership
Join or renew online via LoveAdmin at the following link: https://paysubsonline.com/Registration/C8A0EB1CD8E06CD0EE1BA26A63A1505B.htm
All our Junior athlete members are expected to compete in a minimum of 4 competitions per year (in addition to Club time trials).
All athletes over the age of 18, or parents of athletes under the age of 18, are expected to help the club in some way during the year. The online membership process asks you for information on how you can help.
Membership of the club represents extremely good value. Some of the benefits of Central Athletic Club membership are:
- meet, train and socialise with other runners and improve your running
- four training venues across our area (Stirling, Alloa, Callander, Balfron)
- we only charge an annual membership fee: members of some other clubs have to pay every time they go training
- twice-weekly training sessions in Stirling, and once-weekly at our other venues
- the club pays to help our coaches keep their qualifications up to date – they all donate their time for free
- access to the leagues of which we are a member, for example, indoor and outdoor track and East District cross-country
- entries paid to all relay events, whether track, road or cross-country
- entries paid for juniors and those in full-time education at district and national cross-country championships, and for U12 Superteams on the track (both indoors and out)
- competition access to composite league teams that Central AC is part of
- access to funding for developing athletes travelling to events outside Scotland
- a range of club kit for competition and training, only available to club members
- club discount at Run4It in Bridge of Allan
Scottish Athletics membership
You will also have to join Scottish Athletics if you are going to compete in championships or leagues. Scottish Athletics membership can be obtained online at https://www.scottishathletics.org.uk/membership/ .