If you are over 18 you are welcome to come along to our training sessions which are held on Tuesday and Thursday evenings at 7pm in Stirling. We are happy for you to come along on a four week trial basis to see if you like it, and then if you wish to continue after that you can submit your application form and make the payment via ‘entry central’ below.
If you are between 5 and 18 please contact the Club Secretary
The ‘About Us’ tab within the Club Info tab on this website provides details on training locations and times.
How to join or renew your membership of Central Athletics Club.
Membership renewals are due on the 1st October each year, if no payment has been received within 1 month of the renewal due date you will be liable for an additional late subscription fee equivalent to 15% of the relevant membership fee and you will not be eligible, or selected, to compete for the Club. Any member who has not paid within two months of the renewal date shall cease to be a member and will not be allowed to train with the Club but shall remain liable for all their outstanding debts due to the club.
The table below details the Membership Fees for 2021/2022 (For 12 months from 1st October 2021) :
|Type of Membership||Description||Cost|
|Junior||Born after 31st Aug 2005 whose main residence is within a 25 mile radius of any of our training venues or participates in Club training sessions||£120|
|Senior (inc U20)||Born before 31st Aug 2005 whose main residence is within a 25 mile radius of Stirling or participates in Club training sessions||£95|
|Country||Members whose main residence is outwith a 25 mile radius of any of our training venues, who do not participate in Club training sessions or use Club facilities but may represent the Club in competitions||£25|
|Family||1 or 2 adults and their 1 or more children born after 31st Aug 2005 in full time education whose main residence is within a 25 mile radius of any of our training venues or participate in Club training sessions||£240|
|Student||Students in full-time further and higher education (under graduate)||£47.50|
|Recreational Running Group||For adults 18+ that train with our Recreational Running Group||£25|
|Honorary||Athletes must be either Senior Scottish Champions, Commonwealth Games Competitors or British Internationalists.||Free|
|Patron||All non-training or non-competing members, including coaches, officials and Members of the Executive Committee not otherwise included||Free|
It should also be noted that the fees are paid online via the following link.
All our Junior athlete members will be expected to compete in a minimum of 4 competitions per year (excluding Club time trials).
All athletes over the age of 18, or parents of athletes under the age of 18, will be expected to help the club in some way during the year. Therefore a completed Assistance Form must be submitted with a Membership Application.
Membership of the Club represents extremely good value. Detailed below are some of the benefits from Central Athletic Club Membership:
- Central Athletic Club only charges an annual Membership Fee. Members of clubs in Glasgow and Edinburgh, for example, have to pay to use facilities such as Scotstoun or Meadowbank every time they go to training.
- The club pays to help our coaches keep their qualifications up to date, but they all donate their time for free.
- Access to the leagues of which we are members, for example, indoor and outdoor track and East District cross-country.
- Entries paid to all relay events, whether on track, road or cross-country.
- Entries paid for juniors and those in full-time education at district and national cross-country championships, and for U12 Superteams on the track (both indoors and out).
- Competition access to composite league teams that Central AC are part of
- Access to funding for developing athletes travelling to events outside Scotland.